The Kingian Nonviolence workshops are transformational experiences that have helped thousands of people from around the world understand the depth of the philosophy of nonviolence, and learn to begin to bring the practices into their lives and their work.
Through role plays, small group activities, readings, video presentations, mini-lectures and discussions, we explore topics such as:
- The definitions of violence and nonviolence
- An analysis of the different types and levels of conflict, and how they escalate and deescalate
- The history of the Civil Rights Movement and some of Dr. King’s philosophies
- The principles (the will) Kingian Nonviolence, how to view and transform conflict
- The steps (the skill) of Kingian Nonviolence, how to engage with conflict and organize a campaign
Whether you are an organizer working for social change, a teacher trying to change the culture of your school or simply an individual trying to deal with the conflicts in your personal life, each person will walk away from our workshops with new skills and a new perspective.
In addition to the East Point Peace Academy, check out these organizations offering Kingian Nonviolence trainings around the country.